Saturday, January 17, 2015

Letter from Santa

R D Darnell's  ... by Robert Darnell  [Date unknown]

Your house was really very quiet tonight. Only two real snores and one embryonic snore. And a little breathing from the back yard. It's not like it used to be. Not even like last year when the house was full of snores.

I got on down the chimbly. Your chimbly is easy -- nice and clean and smooth -- and left a few things for what's left of you.

Had a glass of nog. I like your nog because you use that good stuff -- Crown Royal. I didn't find any cocoanut cake this year. I guess the little folks were the only ones who thought of that. Rufus came sniffing around but he didn't bark or bother me. I guess he now knows that I'm coming on Christmas and he doesn't get excited about it. The only one that used to bite me every time was that punk "Baby."

I really have been busy tonight. There's a lot more people that there used to be and a lot of them out of work. They sure need old Santie's help this year.

I noticed you all went down to Grace Pres to a candle-light service in honor of the one we are all working for. I peeked in on it and it sure was a cheerful celebration. That singing was really good and I thought old Rob was the best one there.

Jerre stayed up so late wrapping that I almost had to pass you by, but she went to bed just in time. I thought that when the Darnell family split up and spread out into three other domiciles she wouldn't have as much to do but it seems like she has more.

I caught all three of the other domiciles and they were all a big load for me. That's the way it is. Where there once was one there is now four. It really keeps me busy with all this expansion. Oh well, it's better to wear out that to rust out. Becky's domicile will soon make it five.

Like the man said: "...Let's all remember to stop and smell the roses."

Ho ho ho -- a Merry Christmas to all,

Old Santa


end




No comments:

Post a Comment